National Nurses Week
It’s that time of year again, to celebrate National Nurses Week, from May 6th through May 12th. However, after the particularly challenging year that nurses endured in 2020, the American Nurses Association decided to dedicate the entire month of May to recognize and uplift nurses.
Being a nurse for over 12 years, has had its challenges but honestly, if I could do it all over again, I would! The flexibility of the nursing field is unmatched. From having the ability to impact lives at the bedside, to now owning a business that allows me to write and create digital content to educate the masses, is the type of flexibility many dream of having.
Each year myself and many of my colleagues search high and low for nursing week freebies because the hospital and medical office “gifts” usually leave a lot to be desired. Although I’ve found lists in the past, I figure nothing beats curating my own. So as a present to all of my nursing colleagues across the country, I’ve compiled an affiliate-free list of discounts and freebies. Yes, you read that correctly, no financial gain for me, just me sharing.
What’s even better is that all of the other frontline heroes, first responders, and amazing teachers will be able to find some of these awesome freebies and discounts useful too! If you didn’t know, Teacher Appreciation Week overlaps with National Nurses Week and let me just say I love teachers. Some may already know that my very own mother has been an educator for over 20 years. That’s a long time, isn’t it? Anyway, teachers are another profession that deserves all of the respect, rewards and then some, after what I know has been a challenging year for them too.
For the Foodies
- Dunkin Donuts
- On Thursday, May 6, Dunkin’ will offer a free medium hot or iced coffee – no purchase necessary – to all healthcare workers who visit participating Dunkin’ restaurants nationwide while supplies last.
- Get a free burrito and check out the wall of appreciation here.
- Krispy Kreme
- Starting Monday, 3/22, anyone who shows their COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card will receive a free Original Glazed® doughnut.
- McAlister’s Deli
- Have a teacher and Nurse you want to celebrate? You can nominate them for a chance to win FREE Catering from 4/22 until 5/6. Winners will be announced May 7!
- Nurses who dine in restaurants during National Nurses Week will be eligible to receive a free slice of pie.
- Outback Steakhouse
- Get “10% off your entire check all day, every day (with valid medical, state or federal service ID).” Some exclusions do apply, so be sure to read the fine print.
- Any customer who identifies as a front-line responder to the COVID-19 outbreak will receive a tall brewed coffee (hot or iced) at no charge through May 31.
For the Fashionistas
- After verification, Asics is offering medical professionals a discount of 40% off all full-priced products in our online store.
- Nurses, medical professionals, and teachers qualify for a discount of 30% at adidas.com and in-store or 20% off at factory outlet stores.
- Pulse Uniform
- Uniform Advantage
For the Bookworms
- Download a free copy of my new best-selling book What in the Baby?!?: The Modern Mama’s Guide to Confidently Caring for Your Baby and Surviving the Postpartum Period. It will be available all day on Friday, May 7th, in the Amazon Kindle Store.
- Download a free copy of Judith Briles’ book Stabotage!: How to Deal with the Pit Bulls, Skunks, Snakes, Scorpions & Slugs in the Health Care Workplace.
- Check out these other Free Kindle Nursing Books.
- Nurses, physicians, and physician assistants based in the United States may be eligible for exclusive discounts. Unlimited plans are starting at $27/month per line with at least four lines.
- In need of free CEs? Check out nurse.com
So, Happy National Nurses Week and don’t forget to tell me what discounts you’re planning to snag first in the comments.
Peace, happiness and wellness!
Thanks for your blog, nice to read. Do not stop.
Today there is an increase in demand for licensed nurses, which makes it a captivating opportunity to enter the nursing workforce. It is impossible to get a job in a healthcare system without holding a proper and valid nursing license. Please check it out here https://licenselookup.org/state-licenses/nursing/